2019 Grant Application
The Stonewall Inn Gives Back Initiative
Welcome and thank you for your inquiry. Without the valuable service that nonprofit organizations perform everyday throughout the United States, The Stonewall Inn Gives Back Initiative could not fulfill our mission. Please read the instructions carefully and by all means contact us to discuss your project or if you have any questions about our grant process.
The Stonewall Inn Gives Back Initiative:
Based in New York, The Stonewall Inn Gives Back Initiative (SIGBI), is an approved IRC 501(c)(3), and is the official charitable giving charitable giving organization of The Historic Stonewall Inn. Through this grant process, SIGBI is able provide strategic and financial assistance to grassroots nonprofit organizations who can demonstrate their need, commitment, and effectiveness providing public awareness outreach, advocacy, educational programming, individual based support and shelter to LGBTQ people in communities where progress toward equality has been slow and the profound negative impact on their lives has been high.
SIGBI limits its support to organizations that are an approved IRC 501(c)(3), that have not been created for the purpose of political lobbying and advocacy and that can clearly demonstrate shared core values and mission with SIGBI.
SIGBI does not make grants to individuals (even through Fiscal Sponsors), nor does it support annual giving campaigns, deficit reduction or loans. Grants cannot be used for general operating costs of the organization unless specifically identified as the purpose of the grant request in item #7 of the Submission Requirements below.
Grants can only be used for the purpose of special initiatives, projects, programming and direct services delivery. As a condition of this grant application, the applicant will be required to describe how the grant will be used, and provide a Final Evaluation, how the grant was used.
Applications will be approved based on the following criteria,
1. The applicant organization’s alignment with the SIGBI Mission
2. The completeness and conformance with the Submission Requirements below (information and must be answered in the order,1-10, below).
3. The stated purpose and need for the grant (how will the grant advance the organization’s mission)
4. The financial need of the organization.
1. Provide a brief description of your organization and link to your website
2. Provide a current list of directors/trustees and officers
3. Provide current IRS determination letter showing that you are exempt under section 501(c)(3)
4. Provide documentation showing good standing with The NYS Charities Bureau (or your home state agency)
5. Provide current form 990
6. Provide current Operating Budget Summary and Annual Report. Provide most recent audited financial statements available
7. Provide a two page (maximum summary) of your project and or how the grant will be used.
8. Provide the time frame within which the project will be completed.
9. As a condition of the grant, the Grantee will agree in writing to provide a Final Evaluation. In the evaluation describe the impact of the grant on your mission and the community served. This must be provided within one year of the grant award and include no more than a two-page report with news clippings, event photos, etc.
10. As a condition of the grant, the Grantee will agree to supply and permit the use of the Grantee’s official logo, organization name and relevant photography by The Stonewall Gives Back Initiative for promotion and fundraising purposes.
11. Electronic copies of grant requests should be sent in .pdf format to the following:
Attn: Ms. Stacy lentz, CEO
The Stonewall Inn Gives Back Initiative
511 Avenue of the Americas suite 508, New York, and why, 10011, United States
Direct questions concerning this application to:
Thanks again for your interest in the Stonewall Inn Gives Back Initiative!